Reno-based Structural Engineering firm is seeking a highly motivated structural engineer with the desire to continue a career in building design. McElhaney Structural Engineers, LLC seeks a senior structural engineer interested in joining our growing office. We pride ourselves in our work-live balance with a great family culture, making it a priority.
MSE provides services to a number of public agencies, tribal governments, contractors, architects, developers, as well as to individual building and home owners. We have a strong repeat client base spread across five states, NV, CA, OR, AZ, and TX.
We are seeking a Senior Structural Engineer to grow with our team and to help us maintain the highest quality of professional services to our clientele. This Engineering position reports directly to the owner and is primarily responsible for supervising and assisting the design staff as well as project management and preparing construction documents, specifications, and engineering calculations.
- Full-time with medical insurance plan
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick leave
- A collaborative and stable work environment
- Merit-based opportunities for advancement
- Structural Engineering design for various project types such as commercial, industrial, office, medical, seismic retrofit, etc.
- Preparing and checking structural calculations and details of structural elements
- Opportunities to contribute to business growth and diversification
- BS or MS in Structural Engineering
- 8+ years of structural design office experience
- PE license required; SE license preferred
- Experience in leading a structural engineering team preferred
- Competency with all basic MSOffice software
- Proficient in usage of engineering software such as Mathcad and RISA
- Design experience in varied building types
- Must have the ability to solve design problems using engineering calculations and general design standards
- The successful candidate would have experience with design and analysis of structural elements of concrete, steel, masonry and wood
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience using Revit Structure is a plus
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects of various sizes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to collaborate in a team environment
- A proactive approach to timely problem solving
Interested candidates should send the following
- A cover letter stating relevant experience and skills
- A resume or CV that clearly documents the required qualifications
- Work samples in PDF format
We are a small firm with a diverse portfolio offering competitive salaries, medical insurance, paid-time-off and an atmosphere in which talented and motivated professionals will thrive. Salary is based on experience and ability.